FOOOD Glorious Food

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

With the amount of food places I am constantly trying, it is a wonder this isn't actually a blog just dedicated to me reviewing various food establishments. Maybe I have missed my true calling in life: Food Critic. For now I can only dream, and write reviews to my hearts content right here and hope that one day I will be discovered. But for now, fake Yelp reviews written on this here blog will have to do. So let's get started shall we? 

Artichoke Basille's Pizza
 I tried this pizza in NYC and have been dreaming of it ever since. They have another location in Berkeley, so one day I said to Jenn, what if we went and got dinner at Artichoke Basilles? So we did.  We gladly made the hour long drive, and paid the $6 toll to try this pizza.  I recommend walking around the unique downtown area, and Berkley campus before enjoying a slice-for the people watching alone. The Artichoke pizza slice was huge and delicious-easy to share. Though a little bit of a "one note" flavor, therefore, I give it 4.5/5 stars. 




Taco Tour of San Fransisco
One Friday night I went with some people to do a taco crawl in the city, to find the best taco. So pretty much my dream, buuutt it was late, so I actually didn't eat (who can wait until 9pm to eat dinner??) and was just there for the good times, so I actually can give 0 reviews on the tacos. Missed opportunity, I know. At one point we ended up in Taqueria San Jose. This was a random, and unplanned location because La Taqueria (where we were suppose to go) was closed. While we were there, street performers came in and started playing the guitar and an accordion and singing, so I got up on my chair and started clapping in rhythm and got the rest of the place to join me. We then danced our way out of the place. The people loved us. 

We ended up at Karaoke so I will give my review on this place. 

The Mint Karaoke Lounge
The DJ is a force to be reckoned with. Warning: will smack your butt with a paddle while you are singing, or use other props if appropriate song is being sung. Helpful tip: can bribe him to bump you up on the karaoke list. FYI: is a no nonsense DJ, you better be there to sing in 3 seconds, or he is moving on. Yet he is also a delight to be around. DJ gets 10/5 stars.  But the overall establishment gets a 4/5.
The crew who took the Mint Lounge by storm.

The Great San Francisco Food Tour 2019 aka. Friendship Day year 7

Guess who has another year of friendship under their belt. Your favorite Duo. Tiffany and I. In true Carlie/Tiffany fashion we decided to go try a bunch of food to celebrate. 

 Stop #1 was Devils Teeth Bakery where we tried two items of food, the breakfast sandwich and the cinnamon roll. The fake yelp reviews continue....



Devils Teeth Bakery
Crowded, cramped, delicious, wanted to try everything, and regretted not doing so. Need to go back ASAP. The breakfast sandwich was 5/5. Cinnamon roll was 3/5. Overall rating: 5/5 (no, not the average of 4. it still deserves a 5. I don't ever seem to love bought cinnamon rolls that much, I should have known better). 

Wouldn't have said no to some cream cheese frosting on here. 

So stinking good. 
 Stop number 2. 
Butter Love Bakeshop 
Food wasn't fresh, would have been excellent if it had been, but like, what bakery sells old baked goods in the morning?? Rating: 3/5. Upside: was so quick, that we didn't have to pay for parking.
The fruity pebbles cookie: excellent flavor. 

Nutella Donut: Underwhelming. Probably amazing if warm. 

Stop #3. 

B. Patisserie 
A crowd favorite and crowded. We tried the chocolate chip cookie. It was solid. Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, great cookie flavor, good chocolate. All arounds solid chocolate chip cookie. Would recommend and get again, but not like the best cookie I have ever had. Rating: 4.5/5. 


And our final stop of the day...

La Taqueria
We tried the cheese quesadilla and it was delicious, and it would have been even better if we hadn't waited the 45 minute drive back home to eat it...whoops. Would recommend this restaurant 100 times over. This is the place I tell everyone to go to if they are going to the city. Pro tip: being charming (and probably a woman) to the cashier will get you 1. Free salsa add ons 2. A free fresh (delicious) strawberry drink and 3. Roses. Miguel loved us. Rating 5/5. We love this place. 
Couldn't think of a better way to end our friendship food tour, than with making Miguel our new friend. 

Though Tiffany may be married now, I am glad that it has had little to no affect on our friendship and that we still hang out all the time. Here is to another great year of knowing each other, and eating even more delicious food! 

So concludes some of the food I have tried in the last few months. If anyone knows how I could make this my job, please let me know. 

Also, here is a picture of the beach, because I live in California and go to the beach occasionally: 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs