From almost day one of living together, Jenn and I have discovered that we know a lot of the same (somewhat) obscure songs, and just in general have a similar taste in music. One of those similar interests is Rascal Flatts, and wouldn't ya know it, they came to the Bay Area this summer. So Jenn and I went to their concert.
Not bad for $20 seats.
But the real story of this post is about the time I went to Yosemite with 6 strangers. On Tuesday I met Tyler at institute- one of Jenn's friends from college. On Wednesday he invited Jenn and I to go to Yosemite with him and his friends, Jenn couldn't go but I decided to go anyway. So Friday night I found myself with a bunch of people I didn't know on the way to Yosemite.
That night we stayed at a motel about an hour outside of the park, which really turned out to be a double wide trailer.
I don't know if these pictures are doing justice to its creepy vibe, but we didn't exactly find it charming.
Saturday morning we woke up early, grabbed breakfast at the local grocery store, and finished the drive to Yosemite.
Us and our lovely accommodations.
El Capitan
We hiked the Mist Trail to Vernal Falls.
It's called the Mist Trail for a reason, by the time we got to the top we were soaked.
At the top, a rest was in order.
We hiked back down, grabbed lunch at the car, and then headed to a lookout point where we could see a lot of the Yosemite Valley.
Half dome, Vernal, and Nevada falls are featured behind us
The boys wanted to go swimming, so we found a river for them to jump into.
Though it was really just this little pool.
The sunset on our drive home.
A Junior Cheeseburger never tasted so good.
Overall it was a great trip with new friends- would go to Yosemite with strangers again.
No comments :
Post a Comment