As a special treat, Tiffany will be coauthoring this post.
Alas, our last day of being in New York was upon us. We packed up our suitcases, said goodbye to our hotel, and set off for our last day in the city.
Tiffany: Little did I know that while I was eating breakfast, it would be the only real food I would eat the whole day.
Tiffany: Little did I know that while I was eating breakfast, it would be the only real food I would eat the whole day.
We once again were thwarted in our plans to see the NYC public library, as it is closed Sunday mornings. But we did get to witness a couple being married at the top of the steps. So at least there was that.
Tiffany: I nearly collapsed into tears. But witnessing the marriage gave me hope that life would go on, even if I didn't get to see the inside of the NYC Public Library.
We stopped by the empire state building lobby, just to see it, but not to go up to the top #tooexpensive.
Tiffany: We looked for Tom Hanks in the lobby to see if he was on his way to meet Meg Ryan at the top. Do you think he had to pay? How did his son get up there without a ticket? Anyway, we were 24 years too late.
We had been lugging around our luggage all morning so we made a pit stop by Christian's apartment in the Upper West Side to drop off our suitcases.
We then made our way to Magnolia Bakery, and there were so many tasty looking treats; I wanted to try them all.
Tiffany: I'm sure all of the display cases have nose and tongue prints left behind from me admiring and coveting all of the baked goods.
I went for the chocolate banana pudding. I wish we could have gone more than once-but I mean, you've seen our eating schedule so far, it was already packed tight.
Tiffany: I got the pumpkin pecan bar. It was delicious. I'm still regretting not getting more treats. Nothing is worse than food regret. Let this be a lesson to you all, buy the dang pastry.
We then spent the rest of our afternoon walking around Central Park before heading to Church.
We walked in this castle.
Tiffany: No Prince Charmings were found. Surprise, surprise.
We saw the Alice in Wonderland statue-the hottest kid hang out in all of NYC.
Then guess who showed up with his nice phone camera. That's right. Christian. Which means ANOTHER photo shoot was upon us.
Tiffany: I hope you can all appreciate this photo, because it is one of the few where my eyes are not squinty. The same cannot be said for Aubrey.
It was very very bright.
Tiffany took a nontraditional route. It was time to start switching it up.
Tiffany: I call this photo, "Elegance".
Or maybe the heat was getting to her.
Tiffany: It was not. This is just who I am.
Tiffany: I checked this out for a bit of light reading.
Grateful I have such a great friend who will travel and eat with me.
Tiffany: Ditto. Also, unlike Carlie, I am moved to tears every time I look at this photo. Of the two of us, I am the emotional one.
Tiff is a crack up, but I'm hard to impress.
Tiffany: I spend a lot of my life just trying to impress Carlie, and make her laugh. It only works 54% of the time.
Don't mess with us.
Tiffany: When I first looked at this picture, I thought I was flipping the bird. I'm not. Just to clarify.
Before church we made another stop at Levain Bakery because we had just two more flavors to try. We also bought some to bring home to our friends 1.because we are nice people and 2. Because they are nice friends to drive/pick us up from the airport.
Tiffany: My overall review of Levain is: it's good, maybe even great-depending on what cookie you get (chocolate peanut butter, duh).
We had one last food to try, and it was the chocolate babka bread from Breads Bakery. It was delicious, a definite top contender of the best things we ate.
Tiffany: I had been anticipating this bread the entire trip. It didn't disappoint. I would later be grateful for this loaf because it turns out Virgin America doesn't give complimentary snacks. What the heck is that all about??
Then it was off to the airport. The flight home was slightly miserable because we were (maybe unbelievably so) hungry. As Tiffany mentioned, our flight offered us free drinks and nothing else (unless you wanted to buy snacks/meals). We were kind of banking on eating dinner on our flight, and as you saw, our diet after breakfast consisted of a cookie, pudding, and chocolate bread. I was dying for vegetables/protein, but water it was.
It was fun to watch a movie set in NYC and to see all of the places I had just been to. In all it was a great trip and it only left me wanting to go back and do everything else I didn't get the chance to. Also, I didn't eat sugar for a few weeks after our trip. Sugar overload.
Tiffany: I ate sugar the next day. I love New York. I've been dreaming about going there since I was a kid and it lived up to my expectations, hopes, and dreams. I'm already planning what I want to do on my next trip there. As Alicia Keys says, "Let's hear it for New York,"









No comments :
Post a Comment