Hi hello how are you?
Looks like I've been a little M.I.A. but I am finally here to tell you all, what my 2018 has looked liked thus far...
For the first time in the history of all time, Tiffany and I were in the same place on her birthday. And this year she is the big 2.6. A few of us went out and got pizza to celebrate, because pizza is Tiffany's favorite food. And that pizza was daaaang good.
This little sign was waiting for us when we got to our table, left for us by the restaurant staff.
(and for all those wondering, "wait, who is this random boy Tiffany is sitting with? Where are you Carlie? I am not use to seeing the two of you not together...what is happening? Is this just a friend? A boyfriend? Could a boyfriend finally be making an appearance in these two girls dating lives?? The answer is: This is Matt and yes, he is dating Tiffany)
That weekend we celebrated with all of our friends by throwing a birthday party. I took it upon myself to make the birthday cake. I guess I should also mention that Matt helped too, and my roommate Caroline did the frosting job.
A 3 layered chocolate cake, with cookie dough filling between the layers, and peanut butter frosting. All homemade. I swear it took all day to make. (Shout out to Sarah Jackson for sending me those fun birthday candles back in May)
TIFFANY APPRECIATION MOMENT: I don't want to get too gushy here, buuutt I mean how can I not?? I am so so happy and grateful that I met and lived with Tiffany all of those years ago. Our friendship is truly something amazing that I wish all people got to have. Not only is our friendship unreal, but Tiffany is genuinely a wonderful person and is basically the whole freaking package. A true renaissance woman and a woman for all seasons. Everyone needs a Tiffany in their life.
Moving on.......
The other big event of January included quitting my job and starting a new job at Google. Remember all those months ago when I toured Google and said I wanted to work here? Well now I do.
Our "starting class" photo. I work as a recruiting coordinator which in basic terms means: scheduling interviews. Not super exciting or glamorous, but my team is great and Google is awesome. I miss my old coworkers, but I am happy I made the move.
One weekend in January, the snow gods smiled upon us and put some fresh snow upon the mountains of Tahoe. So a group of us got together and went up for the weekend. We rented a cabin on Friday night and went skiing on Saturday.
Not our cabin, but the view from our cabin.
My roommate Caroline and I.
It was a beautiful bluebird day.
Lunch break.
And by lunch break I mean, eating granola bars that we brought from home, and from home I mean, from Google. #freesnacksonsnacks.
On the way home we stopped at Cafe Rio, and I was so so happy. It's really a trial sometimes living two hours away from that place.
Aaaaandd that pretty much sums up the exciting parts of January. I mean, I guess there were bonfires being shut down by the cops (including an alleged sledgehammer man), walking around pier 39, a night on the Santa Cruz boardwalk, Korean BBQ, getting sick, and seeing The Greatest Showman, but there is no photo evidence of these things, soo I will just leave it at that.



No comments :
Post a Comment