I realize I haven't documented anything for the month of June, and that's mainly because I haven't taken any pictures. A blog post without pictures is just boring, therefore I have felt zero motivation to write anything. Then I had a revelation. I HAVE been sending videos to friends via Snapchat. Therefore, if I take screenshots of my videos I will have photos to post on the blog. Thanks Snapchat for once again being the only reason my life is documented. So fair warning, many of the photos today will be a blurry video screen shot, but hey, it's better than nothing. I also did manage to snag three photos from my dads phone, so that's something too.
Jumping back to the beginning of the month....
It was NBA finals season, and I have started watching NBA games-something I have never had any desire to do before. This has mainly been due to social functions and the Warriors being in the finals. Granted I don't know if I have yet managed to sit down and watch a game in its entirety, but I have come pretty close. The Warriors won the NBA championship and since I am now a Bay area resident, that is something to be excited about. Oakland was pretty much shut down for a day of celebration and you can even buy framed photos of the team holding the trophy at Costco.
I don't know why someone wouldn't buy this.
They aren't a very hard team to become a fan of because they hardly ever lose, so an inkling of loyalty has started to grow within me.
One weekend we went to a pool party/BBQ and it made me miss hot Utah summer nights. No one touched the pool, and lots of people migrated to the inside of the house by the end of the night. Hot summer nights are not common place around here.
Matthew came home from his mission! I couldn't be there in person, but I saw it all happen via Facetime. It did give me the perfect reason to come home to Utah. I flew home a few days later and stayed for a week. We went on a family vacation to St. George, because we are crazy people. Only crazy people would go to southern Utah in June.
Rachel was stoked to have her older siblings home again.
Everyday the high was around 112 degrees. Every time we got into our car it felt as though heat was consuming my body. The morning activities included tennis, pickle ball, and swimming. Then noon hit and we would stay inside the rest of the day.
McKay was no nonsense when it came to his lunch.
Tate spent his time discussing the logical fallacies in Frozen.
It was fun to have all the family together for the first time in 2.5 years.
One of the nights we went to the Tuacahn to see Newsies.
Rachel could hardly contain her excitement.
It was this hot at 8 at night.
And here's the family during intermission, standing beneath the fans/misters. Have I mentioned it was hot?
We spent the next night taking some family photos. It may look like such a casual situation to have all the toddlers sitting on a bench together...
but behind the camera
where a bunch of adults
trying to stop the crying (as seen here)
to keep them happy
so we could get just one good picture. Here's to hoping we got it.
We heard that somewhere in St. George they sold sweet potato fries with marshmallow sauce, so we went to give it a try. It did not disappoint.
It just wouldn't feel right to go a whole post without mentioning food, ya know?
Thursday late afternoon we drove back to Provo. The rest of the weekend was spent seeing family and friends. Speaking of friends, remember our good friend/"wintern" Austin? He's in Provo now, so he dropped by to say hello.
If you are wondering, wearing striped shirts was planned.
and if you are wondering, that last statement was a joke.
Now I'm back in Palo Alto and it's back to the grind of work and real life.
I love Provo and being with family, so the searches for cheap plane tickets began the day after I got back. If anyone wants to fly me back out, my schedule is open ;)
Well i thought Austin was your brother that just got back from a mission. But good thing I read the comment. Not sure whats more embarassing the fact you're twinning or the fact you're using a selfie stick. JK JK JK. Totes cute.
ReplyDeleteSO GLAD we got to meet up in provo.