Somewhere along the way of life, I forgot to appreciate that spring break, fall break, summer break, winter break, all the breaks, were a thing. Because guess what, 6 holiday days a year is my new thing.
Anyway, as my sisters are still enjoying the bliss of public education, they get a spring break. This year my family came to me. I would like to think that I am the main reason they ended up here in California, but our friends beach house right on the beach is a close contender.
The beach house is about an hour away from my house, and near Santa Cruz. Tiffany and I decided to go to Santa Cruz a few hours before my family arrived to check out the local scene. When I say "check out the local scene", I really mean , "The Great Santa Cruz Food Tour of 2017". Just kidding, but you can bet we researched where we were going to eat dinner and dessert and made it priority #1.
Santa Cruz by night
No joke. This was the best burrito I have ever had. Los Pericos, you have changed my life.
After dinner and walking around the boardwalk and the pier, we got cookies. Were we hungry?? No. Did we need to try it because it was there? Yes.
Then we made it to the beach house, where my family eventually showed up. With my family, came a real camera. I actually quite like taking photos (which should be no surprise to close friends) therefore, the rest of the photos from here on out will be thanks to Canon.
Wishing this was mine.
The next day was conference Saturday, but in between sessions, we hit the beach.
The three brave souls who braved the northern California water. With no wet suits no less.
As you can see, Austin came too. Where Tiffany and Carlie [are], there shall Austin be also.
After the afternoon session, Tiffany and Austin headed back to Palo Alto, and I stayed at the beach until Tuesday Morning. It was nice to take a break from work and have a 3.5 day weekend.
From the inside looking out, just look how close the ocean is. Falling asleep to the sound of waves is bliss.
In between conference sessions on Sunday, we walked along the beach.
We found this river of debris. It's been very rainy here this winter, and this is the aftermath.
Rachel, the new 2018 Senior Class President of Timpview High School, is feeling the weight of that calling on her shoulders. *"but what will our senior quote be??"
Makenzie, the girl who now has to live with the senior class president, is not impressed. *"what, like it's hard or something?"
Carlie is just wishing for more vacation days, *"would someone sponsor me to live at the beach?"
Sunsets, you da true MVP.
On Monday we took a little road trip, and en route to our destination, we pulled over to buy some farm fresh produce.
Turns out, you can pay even more for your fruit if you buy it on the side of the road. How fun.
We went on a walk at Point Lobos, which lead to a trail along the coast.
It was gorgeous.
It was pup season, so we saw a few baby seals with their mothers on one of the beaches.
Just trying to look more related to my sisters by braiding my hair.
It was so nice to have family here and to be on a mini vacation. I'll take either of those things as often as I can.
So Canon, if you want to just sponsor this post and send a camera my way, I wouldn't even be mad.
No comments :
Post a Comment