Our old roommate Megan and her brother Carson came to San Francisco! They came for a long weekend, and we went to hang out with them on Saturday. We decided to meet in China Town, and while Tiffany and I waited for them, we wandered around little Italy.
There were so many restaurants and delis that looked so very tasty.
Eventually we made our way to China Town.
We met up with Megan and Carson and decided it was time to get lunch.
Because I write about eating so much, I feel obligated to take a picture of every single thing I eat for my blog. We ordered cashew chicken because I have very fond memories of Cheesecake Factory cashew chicken. Unfortunately it turns out, they are not the same thing.
After lunch we went to try a Chinese doughnut. Someone told Carson that when you get one fresh and warm, it will change your life. So we found a bakery, and got in line to order one. When Megan got to the counter she asked for one doughnut. The lady asked what else she wanted, and when Megan said she wanted just the one, the lady said "that's too small" and put the doughnut back down. I turned to Tiffany and told her that she and I needed to go wait outside. We weren't planning on ordering anything, and this lady obviously meant business. Megan asked for two doughnuts, and so the lady let her buy them. Once outside we all took a piece and bit into it. My response was: "....it tastes like oil" And that's how we wasted $3 on flavorless deep fried oil bread.
It wasn't warm, so that probably didn't help. Instead of throwing it away, Carson offered it to a homeless man who was digging through the trash looking for food. The man looked at the bread, shook his head no, and went back to digging for food. If that doesn't give you an idea of how unsatisfying this bread was, I don't know what will.
We went and looked at Coit tower, and then we left.
Then we decided it was time for more food. Sometimes, even I start to question our eating habits.
We went to Bi-Rite creamery, because it is on all of the "Must eat in San Francisco" lists.
This was the line to get it, and this is only part of it, it wraps around the corner.
But we were diligent and we waited in line to try the ice cream.
This tiny portion cost me $3.25.
It was good, but I mean, I will probably never wait in that line again.
We went across the street to eat our ice cream in Delores park, and let me tell you, that place was packed. It was like a music festival with no music. Hundreds of young adults, drinking, smoking, eating, and just hanging out. They weren't doing anything, they were all just there. It was kind of weird.
Then we met up with Megan and Carson's cousin and went to a SF Giants game.
Quality seats, on the very back row.
The Giants lost pretty badly, but since we haven't completely sold our souls to this team yet, Tiffany and I didn't take the loss too hard.
During the game Tiffany's phone fell down an open space behind her chair.
Here she is lying down with her arm through the hole trying to grab it.
It's hard to tell, but this is the hole it fell through. By some miracle it landed on the support beam, and not down either side to the ground. Remember how were on the highest row? That drop was a few stories high-her phone would have been done for. After Tiffany, Carson, and a friendly neighbor tried to grab her phone to no avail, I gave it a go. My arm was both long and skinny enough to grab her phone with the help of a cardboard concessions box, slide it up the beam, and grab it. Good thing we bought hot dogs. Our friendly neighbor proclaimed that Tiffany owed me a beer. I'm still waiting.
Carson and Megan spent the rest of the weekend with us in Palo Alto. On Sunday, we witnessed a sunset proposal on Stanford campus. It felt like we were back in Provo.
No comments :
Post a Comment